The Shag Harbour UFO Incident

On the night of October 4, 1967, at about 11:20 p.m. Atlantic Daylight Time, it was reported that something had crashed into the waters of Shag Harbour Nova Scotia. At the time, eyewitnesses watched an unknown craft come down from the sky and submerge itself under the Atlantic Ocean.However after searches were conducted, no craft or debris were officially found. The Canadian government declared that no known aircraft was involved and the source of the crash remains unknown to this day.

The unidentified flying object was observed drifting with the current on the Sound by more than a dozen witnesses including 3 RCMP officers. All of the witnesses both in and around Shag Harbour reported what they thought was an airplane crashing near Shag Harbour. The three Mounties contacted local boat captains and the Rescue Coordination Center (RCC) in Halifax, NS. The Mounties initiated a recovery operation, fully expecting to find bodies and wreckage out on the water. Initially two fishing boats loaded with volunteers went out on the water and searched. They were eventually joined by others and Coast Guard Cutter 101.

By the next morning, RCC Halifax had determined that no aircraft were missing. While still tasked with the search, the captain of the Canadian Coast Guard cutter received a radio message from RCC Halifax that all commercial, private and military aircraft were accounted for along the eastern seaboard, in both Atlantic Canada and New England.

No airplanes were reported missing. This left the searchers and witnesses wondering; what had they seen that evening in the sky and floating on the waters off Shag Harbour; a mystery that has endured to this day. The Royal Canadian Air Force designated it a UFO.


No comments

Powered by Blogger.

Hi, we noticed that you're using an Ad Blocker

We depend on ads to keep our content free of charge. Please consider disabling your Ad Blocker while visiting this website.

If You Already Disable Adblock Reload This Page